Monday, July 20, 2009

Movies - the good, the bad and the ugly


The Cabinet of Dr. Caligary - THE first art-house horror flick.

1920 Silent Film

Don't even know now how I got turned on to this movie. Could have been from a history of film student that I used to work with. Doesn't matter, the point is, I found it and I love it. The whole thing is amazing to me - my favorite though hands down, the sets. See Wikipedia's overview of the film for more information. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Better yet, see this film. If you like something a little odd...Dr. Caligary is for you!


Fabulous double feature? The remake which was filmed in 1962 Starring Glynnis Johns, Dan O'Hurlihy.


In searching more info I found that there was another released in 2005...

No comments:

Post a Comment